Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A quick thought on Synchronicity and Busking...

Synchronicity is a funny thing.  Today I heard a busker playing Neil Young's Heart of Gold at the Farmers Market on United Nations Plaza.  I tipped him, thanked him for playing one of my favorite songs, and moved on to the next fresh fruit sampling booth having a great free snack in the long November shadows under pure blue skies.  A moment ago, I was standing in a Walgreen's staring at 30 different kinds of dental floss and loud and clear over the intercom...of course, Heart of Gold is playing, rocking my world, sending me bounding back to my hotel room to write this blog on synchronicity and it's relative frequency in the world of the busker.  Such as the Autumn Leaves synchronicity that took place in my last little story.  Songs appear at the strangest and generally most significant times I find.  It's like spiritual sport after awhile, taking my cues from the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment