Monday, November 2, 2009

The Busking Quest Continues-Reflections of ZEN

Back on the busking trail and feeling the true prize of busking more and more as the past couple days have unfolded themselves.  The true prize is the Zen.  That point in time when I am simply there.  Playing music, but almost outside of myself, observing myself playing the fiddle.  And then it happens...like a flash.  A sensation of total well-being.  I love to feel like a conduit for something greater.  The bigger picture.  The divine message.  Flowing through the universe, looking for open conduits to share the light.  It's wonderful when that moment happens.  I've learned new depths to my patience through busking...allowing any tense vibes or insecurities to float on by to make way for the good stuff.  The point in time where as a busker I can feel the oneness between myself, the people I am playing for and the people that I consider and think about when I am playing.  If I am fortunate, I can allow myself to be guided into a state of non-thinking.  There the music actually lives. I can then experience music as a language.  The universal language, as Music has become known.  I believe Music is the language that not only links all sentient beings but also other forces and beings in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment